We all know that feeling. The hunger to get more readers, quick. As I am very familiar with this feeling, I am quite the expert in the remedy for it. Here’s a few ways that will increase your blog readership and internet friends.
- Start browsing the internet for blogs like yours. For me, I am a fashion, beauty and crafting blog, so I proceeded to find blogs like that. There are many ways to do this. You can just work from one blog and work up from there. Many blogs have an ‘inspiration’ page, where they list blogs that inspire them. That will lead you to many more blogs. Start following these blogs, and there is a chance they will follow you back. (I do that with all my followers!)
- Link yourself in the comments. If you find a blog that you like but all their readers have know idea you exist, it’s time to start letting them know! Every time you comment, just sign off as yourself and leave a tiny little link to your blog. Believe it or not, people are always looking for new blogs with these genres so this ACTUALLY WORKS. It works better than being all like, ‘check out my blog or you will die!’
- Tell your friends about your blog. Tell them to go and follow you, and BAM! Your readership is raised.
- Do collaborations with other blogs a notch higher in status. Yet again, people are always looking for new blogs so work up the guts to shoot your favourite blogger an email. Once that blogger talks about you, people will start to check out your blog. BOOM.
- And above all, be super grateful to all the readers you have. Devote what you can to them. They are taking time out of their lives to give you new readers and internet fame. For crying out loud, THEY DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT.
I hope this gave you some good tips! These have all worked for me and who doesn’t have that time that they want to be heard?
Much love xx